Category: Load Pull
Symptoms / Solutions:
The following are the differences between a scalar and vector load pull system:
- Compared with scalar load pull, vector load pull allows the measurement of additional parameters:
- input large signal impedances of the DUT,
- the input delivered power,
- the real added efficiency,
- the absolute load tuner Gamma, thus not relying on mechanical tuner repeatability.
- The measurement speed of vector load pull is faster.
- A vector load pull system can be easily upgraded to an active load pull system increasing the tuning range.
- The vector load pull system can include a phase reference module, allowing the plotting of the real dynamic load lines.
- During the vector LP measurement, a VNA must be dedicated to the measurement system.
Keywords: Scalar, Vector, load pull, differences
Last date modified: Jan-09-2018